Make Butterscotch Nest Easter Candy with the Kids!
This post has affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Easy Butterscotch Nest Candy Recipe:
This recipe really is EASY enough for kids. There are only THREE ingredients!
If you stopped there, you could use this butterscotch chow mein noodle mixture to make little haystacks on some parchment paper. Let it sit til hardened, and you’re done.
But if you want to make the sweet Nest Easter Candy, you’ll want to use our trick…
We’ve discovered an easy way to make our chow mein candy into nest shapes is to use a muffin pan! You just drop about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the butterscotch chow mein mixture into each paper-lined muffin pan spot.
You can use your spoon or spatula to rearrange the noodles a bit to make more of a nest shape. Then add a few cute pastel egg candies to each candy nest.
It might take 30 to 60 minutes for the butterscotch to harden up so the nest candies stay together. But once it does, you’ll have adorable and yummy butterscotch nests for your spring treat or Easter party!
Print this Butterscotch Nest Candy Recipe HERE:
Easy Butterscotch Nest Candy Recipe
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the butterscotch morsels in the microwave at 30-second intervals.
- Combine the melted butterscotch and the chow mein noodles.
- Spoon about a half cup of chow mein candy mixture into each muffin cup.
- Press a few egg candies into the center of each chow mein candy "nest."
- Let sit for approximately 30-60 minutes until butterscotch is hardened.
What is your favorite Easter recipe? Have you ever made Easter candy with the kid? Share in the comments below!