A Fun Kids St Patrick Craft!
Priscilla is all about threading beads and making necklaces lately. So I thought I’d put a St. Patrick’s Day spin on the fine motor skill activity by inviting the kids to make St Patrick Craft Crowns. Here’s what we did…
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
St Patrick Craft Crown
- pipe cleaners
- various green plastic beads (Our pony beads were graciously supplied by CraftProjectIdeas.com.)
- green and yellow straws cut into “beads”
- foam shamrocks
- standard hole punch
1. Use the hole punch to make two holes in each foam shamrock so that they can be threaded onto the pipe cleaners.
2. Cut down the straws into short pieces to create straw beads.
3. Set out the various beads, straw beads, and shamrocks and allow the kids to start threading them onto the pipe cleaners.
4. Once they have one pipe cleaner full of “beads,” attach another pipe cleaner to one end by twisting the two pipe cleaners together. Let the kids add beads to the new attached pipe cleaner.
5. Once the entire pipe cleaner is full, bring both ends together and twist to make a circle “crown.”
6. Use colorful pipe cleaners to add a rainbow to the crown if you’d like.
The kids had so much fun making these crowns and just loved how they turned out. We’ll definitely be wearing them on St. Patrick’s Day!
More St. Patrick Craft Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
Have you done a St Patrick Craft with your kids yet this year? I’d love to hear about it!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!