Use Spelling Activities to Make Learning More Fun!
With the kids back in school, I’m sure you’re starting to see that
dreaded spelling homework coming in. Or are you a homeschooler looking of some fun ways to work on spelling? Either way, the creative mamas of The Weekly Kids Co-Op have got you covered – again! Check out these clever spelling activities to make spelling practice fun…
Fun Spelling Activities for Kids
- Spelling Practice with a Plastic Placemat – Deirdre of JDaniel4’s Mom shares four different ways to use a store-bought plastic placemat to practice spelling words.
- DIY Picture Frame for Tracing & Writing Spelling Words – Deirdre shares a clever way to make a dry erase board for a spelling practice printable, too.
- Apple Themed Spelling Games – I’m loving these cute DIY apples for playing spelling games with.
- Apple Themed CVC Word Scavenger Hunt – Whether you call them apples for a Fall theme or not, using balls for a spelling word scavenger hunt is so fun!
- Sight Word Ball Toss Game – Here’s another way to use toy balls for some fun (and active) sight word spelling practice.
- Apple Themed Language Activities Printable Pack – This free printable pack has 50 pages of printable language activities, including some to practice spelling like CVC Matching Picture to Word Activities and Apple Writing Paper.
- Days of the Week Words Flashcards – Print and use these free days of the week flashcards when your kiddos are learning to read and spell days of the week words.
- Homemade Sensory Alphabet Cards – Make some of these textural sensory alphabet cards to add a sensory element to your kids simple CVC word spelling practice.
Did ya check ‘em out? Which spelling activity would your kiddo like best? Alright, now add your kids activities or other kid-friendly posts to the link party below, and they will be seen on over 10 awesome mom blogs. Just please try not to link up the same ones each week. And grab a button or link back to share the love. Let’s Party, Mamas!
[table id=1 /]
The Weekly Kids Co-Op Link Party
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!