Get the Kids in the Kitchen to Make Snowman Cookie Pops!
We made these cute Snowman Cookie Pops yesterday. They’re becoming a family Christmas tradition. I love that they’re “semi-homemade” and the kids love the cute snowmen they become! Here’s the recipe so you can have some fun with the kids in the kitchen, too…
Kids in the Kitchen – Snowman Cookie Pop Recipe
- Oreo cookies
- white chocolate chips
- lollipop sticks
- pretzel sticks
- sweetened shredded coconut
- royal icing
- red gel food coloring
- Mini M&Ms
1. Carefully twist open the Oreo cookies and lay out pairs of cookie halves in a snowman pattern on a parchment lined cookie sheet or a wire cookie rack.
2. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for one minute on medium heat. Stir and heat for 30 more seconds of medium heat. Stir and repeat until melted smooth.
3. Dip ends of lollipop sticks into melted chocolate and place one across each set of cookie halves (see photo above).
4. Use a spoon to add melted white chocolate on top of the lollipop stick on each cookie half.
5. Place remaining cookie halves on top of melted chocolate covered cookies/lollipop sticks. Allow to cool and harden for approximately a half an hour.
6. Re-melt or melt more chocolate if necessary.
7. Dip snowman cookie pops into melted white chocolate. Use a spatula to make sure entire cookie pop is covered. Let drip for a few seconds before placing back on the parchment covered cookie sheet or wire cookie rack.
9. Allow to cool and harden for approximately a half an hour.
10. Use royal icing or more melted white chocolate to pipe on a mouth and attach M&Ms for buttons and eyes.
Have you had the kids in the kitchen lately? Have you ever made cookies pops with your kids? Do you think they’d be able to help with this cookie pop recipe?
More Sweet Treat Recipes to Get the Kids in the Kitchen:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!