Need Some Quick Reads, Mama?
You’ve come to the right place! Each Monday I share my favorite quick reads – specifically to give you parenting inspiration and encouragement – to fit into your busy week ahead. Here’s this week’s picks…
My Favorite Mama Reads for the Week:
- Winter Bucket List – I love this idea for having a list of activities to do with your family each Season! It’s all about building memories for our littles, Mama! But make sure to keep it in balance, too. And not put too much pressure on yourself.
“Usually, bucket lists are ambitious and can leave parents feeling like they failed to give their children an awesome season/year/childhood. For us, I decided to incorporate a lot of little rituals and pleasures, the kinds that involve little preparation, no special materials, and can be squeezed in when you only have a few flexible moments in a day.”
- How to Enjoy the Holidays (Stress Free) – Some really good – and easy – tips to maintain a sane holiday season.
“Holidays tend to throw our routine for a loop. This year I am going to strive for keeping our routine as close to normal as possible. That means meals are at the same time, bedtime is regularly scheduled (on most nights) and treats will be limited.”
- Two Words That Will Transform Your Family – YES! Such a great and positive way to limit the nagging.
“Positivity is infectious. It spreads through a household slowly but as it takes on steam, it becomes stronger, and soon, it is affecting every relationship in the house.”
- Why I’m Proud of “That Belly” – Such a good read. And a reminder of how amazing our mama bodies really are!
“I felt like bowing down to that belly. I felt like celebrating it and thanking it for what it had carried — for whom it had carried. And yet there is so much pressure placed on mothers to rid ourselves of every reminder that we ever once carried a child, and that pressure is even bigger than that belly.”
- Babies Remember Nothing But a Good Time, Study Says – Amazing how in tune with our emotions our littlest are. And encouraging for us mamas who work so hard to love on our babies!
“The study, published in Infant Behavior and Development, shows that babies are more likely to remember something if there is a positive emotion, or affect, that accompanies it.”
Have Any Encouraging Reads to Share? Add Them Here:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!