Any Good Mama Reads This Week?
I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring reads that I want to share with all of you. So I share my favorite articles for moms to sneak in during your mama time. (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Read From This Week:
- Fireflies in the Night (A Mental Image that Helps When I’m Depressed) – “Focus on finding the little spots of light that flicker through this darkness like fireflies. Try and catch one a day, then let the day come as it may. I start to notice all the spots of light that I am missing and just taking note that I am passing by them. Watching them from a distance for a bit makes me want to catch them. I can see stars, too. Little spots of light that I know are too far away to catch. That is okay. I can accept what is far away and what is near.”
- 11 Numbers That Matter Far More Than My Pre-Pregnancy Weight – AMEN! “These are numbers that are magical. These are numbers worth talking about. These numbers reflect the strength of a woman’s body, her selflessness and her boundless love for her children. These are numbers that appreciate the extraordinary transformation we go through when we become mothers — a transformation of the body and of the heart.”
- A No-Stress Attitude About Potty Training – This is where I’m at on the potty training front, too: “After nine years, lots of tears, several tantrums (by me!), and 4 potty-trained kids, I can finally, finally say that I am no longer held hostage by the notion that there is a magical age by which each child should be potty trained.”
- 10 Challenges for Moms to Take – Make sure what little mama time you get, you use it for YOU! “Moms usually try to cram in so much in a day, and in their lives, but somewhere inside them is a desire to do something different. There are hidden wishes to tick off on that ‘someday’ list.”
- Tips for Tantrum: Why Parents Need a Hand Gesture – YES! “Can we agree as parents that we need a similar signal? A silent fist bump of solidarity if you see me or I see you with a screaming toddler in your arms. I want to be able to quietly communicate (since you can’t hear me anyway!) that we’ve all been there, I don’t think you’re a bad parent and I know your darling child is just learning all about this overwhelming and sometimes inflexible world in your loving arms (even as he flails to break free).”
- A Woman’s Worth – Keep creating and growing, Mamas! “An original life is one that walks against the crowd. The rules of society are broken — not in defiance, but in the need to create new rules that allow for greater expansion and growth. We are free to create a new definition of our worth, one thought at a time.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What did you read this week? I’d love to hear about your favorite reads in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!