Any Good Mama Reads This Week?
I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring reads that I want to share with all of you. So I share my favorite articles for moms to sneak in during your mama time. (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Read From This Week:
- Fireflies in the Night (A Mental Image that Helps When I’m Depressed) – “Focus on finding the little spots of light that flicker through this darkness like fireflies. Try and catch one a day, then let the day come as it may. I start to notice all the spots of light that I am missing and just taking note that I am passing by them. Watching them from a distance for a bit makes me want to catch them. I can see stars, too. Little spots of light that I know are too far away to catch. That is okay. I can accept what is far away and what is near.”
- 11 Numbers That Matter Far More Than My Pre-Pregnancy Weight – AMEN! “These are numbers that are magical. These are numbers worth talking about. These numbers reflect the strength of a woman’s body, her selflessness and her boundless love for her children. These are numbers that appreciate the extraordinary transformation we go through when we become mothers — a transformation of the body and of the heart.”
- A No-Stress Attitude About Potty Training – This is where I’m at on the potty training front, too: “After nine years, lots of tears, several tantrums (by me!), and 4 potty-trained kids, I can finally, finally say that I am no longer held hostage by the notion that there is a magical age by which each child should be potty trained.”
- 10 Challenges for Moms to Take – Make sure what little mama time you get, you use it for YOU! “Moms usually try to cram in so much in a day, and in their lives, but somewhere inside them is a desire to do something different. There are hidden wishes to tick off on that ‘someday’ list.”
- Tips for Tantrum: Why Parents Need a Hand Gesture – YES! “Can we agree as parents that we need a similar signal? A silent fist bump of solidarity if you see me or I see you with a screaming toddler in your arms. I want to be able to quietly communicate (since you can’t hear me anyway!) that we’ve all been there, I don’t think you’re a bad parent and I know your darling child is just learning all about this overwhelming and sometimes inflexible world in your loving arms (even as he flails to break free).”
- A Woman’s Worth – Keep creating and growing, Mamas! “An original life is one that walks against the crowd. The rules of society are broken — not in defiance, but in the need to create new rules that allow for greater expansion and growth. We are free to create a new definition of our worth, one thought at a time.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What did you read this week? I’d love to hear about your favorite reads in the comments below!