This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Make Christmas Cookies Healthier
One of my favorite parts of holiday season is all of the Christmas cookies. Not baking them necessarily, althought when I have time, I don’t mind that. But mostly just eating them! It’s a weakness of mine for sure. So I was beyond excited when I learned that you can make Christmas cookies healthier with avocados. It’s easy-peasy, too. You just substitute the butter or oil in any baked good recipe with an equal amount of pureed avocado.
I know, I know… I was skeptical, too. But I tried it out with this Peppemint Patty Cookies recipe and was pleasantly surprised. Here’s the recipe…
Peppermint Patty Cookies
- 1 cup pureed avocado (in place of the 1 cup of melted butter)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 sugar for rolling cookies in
- York Peppermint Patties
- Combine melted chocolate and avocado puree.
- Add sugar to chocolate and avocado mixture and mix.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add flour and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place dough balls a couple inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from over and press a Peppermint Patty down on each cookie.
- Place back in over until Peppermint Patties are slightly melted.
There are more great Christmas cookies recipes using avocado at Avocados from Mexico’s Better Baking, but you can try using avocado puree in all of your favorite Christmas cookie recipes, too. And make sure to enter the Avocados from Mexico’s Better Baking Sweepstakes before December 31, 2012, for your chance to win a $2,500 gift card and over 500 other prizes.
What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
Do you have any clever parenting tips or fun kids’ activities? I’d love to share them with my readers. Just contact me for more information!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!