Low Budget Fashion for Kids
Honestly, I don’t get a chance to shop for my kids’ clothes very often. Grandma kind of spoils them in the clothing department. But when they do need clothes, it’s definitely low budget fashion for this mama. Here are some tips that I have to making your money stretch when styling your kids…
6 Simple Steps for Low Budget Fashion for Kids
- Stock Up On Basics – Pump up your kids’ wardrobe with lots of basics (plain t-shirts, jeans, sweaters, leggings) that are usually inexpensive and can be mixed and matched. I bought each child a basic short and long sleeve shirt really cheap at Old Navy’s Kids & Baby Sale.
- Layer Clothing – Short sleeve t-shirts are often cheaper or on clearance at the end of the season, so I buy them to layer under or over long sleeve shirts. I bought Priscilla a long sleeve basic shirt and some fun striped leggings to layer under the Old Navy spring dress she picked out so she can wear it in all seasons and get more use out of it.
- Buy Big – I tend to buy sizes a bit big for my kids so they can get more use out of clothes before outgrowing them.
- Accessorize! – I love buying Priscilla cute leggings, shoes, or hair accessories to add flair to more basic (and often inexpensive) outfits.
- Splurge on A Special Piece – By saving money on the basics, you can splurge on a special piece and layer and accessorize them in different ways to make different outfits with that one piece. I just couldn’t resist the adorable Old Navy shirt and tie set for J.C., but plan to use it with pants now and shorts as it gets warmer.
- Shop SALES! – I don’t think I ever purchase any kids’ clothing at full price. I’m such a bargain and sale shopper. I couldn’t believe that I was able to get each of my 3 kids awesome versatile outfits that will take them well into Spring and Summer with just $75 at Old Navy’s Kids & Baby Sale.
What are your tips for clothes shopping for the kids on a budget? What’s your favorite store for affordable kids’ clothes?
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!