Kids Pizza Fun
My kids LOVE making their own individual pizzas. We usually make them on tortillas, but we decided to try them on some Eggo waffles for the Great Eggo Waffle Off. They turned out delicious! And since we used the Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Waffles, they had lots of whole grains and fiber, too. Here’s how we made them…
Kids Pizza Making with Eggo Waffles
- Eggo Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Waffles
- pesto sauce (optional)
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped bell peppers (and/or other vegetables toppings of choice)
- cooked crumbled sausage (and/or other meat toppings of choice)
1. Prepare Eggo waffles as directed in the toaster or oven until they are lightly browned and slightly crispy.
2. Arrange waffles on a baking sheet (to be ready for adding toppings) and set out various sauces, toppings, and cheese.
3. If you want to have a little less mess, spread the sauces on the waffles for the kids yourself before letting them do the toppings. Or let them add the sauce to the waffles and have fun!
4. Let the kids add the toppings of their choosing to their waffle pizzas.
5. Bake in a 450 degree oven until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
6. Eat and enjoy the kids pizza creations!
Did you ever imagine using waffles for a savory recipe like kids pizza? Think outside the box, mama, and make something yummy with Eggo products to enter into the Eggo Recipe Contest for a chance to win $5,000! Check out how we’ve used Eggo so far to make Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix, early learning fun with Mini Pancakes, and a yummy Strawberry Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!