An Easy Earth Day Treat
Have you seen the swirly Sweet Earth Cookies over at The Decorated Cookie yet? They’re perfect for Earth Day and oh so beautiful! But I’m a busy mama this week and just don’t have time to go baking pretty sugar cookie pops and piping perfect icing. So here’s how I made some swirly Earth Day cookies simple enough for the kids (and this busy mama)…
Super Easy (Semi-Homemade) Swirl Earth Day Cookies
- round cocoa cookies (store bought or homemade)
- white frosting (store bought or homemade)
- blue food coloring
- green crystal sugar
- plastic freezer bag
- Set aside about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white frosting for later. Mix blue food coloring into the rest of the frosting to turn it blue. This took us about 20 drops of coloring, but it will depend on the type of food coloring you use.
- Mix a little milk into the frosting to make it a thinner consistency. It should drip SLOWLY off a spoon.
- Fill the corner of a plastic freezer bag with the blue frosting. Cut the very corner of the bag to create a piping bag. Starting at the outside and working in a spiral to the center, pipe frosting on each cookie.
- Have the kids sprinkle each cookie with green crystal sugar.
- Mix milk into the extra white frosting until it is thin enough to easily drip off of a spoon or butter knife. Let the kids drip some on each cookie.
- The fun part: let the kids use a toothpick to swirl the frosting on each cookie.
These would be perfect for a preschool or elementary school treat for Earth Day. Or even for en entire class to make to celebrate Earth Day!
How are you celebrating Earth Day? Are you making any treats? Share in the comments below!
More Earth Day Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!