Kids with Food Allergies
It seems like food allergies are becoming more common in kids, or at least more understood and therefore more frequently diagnosed. Schools are getting stricter with snacks and packed lunches. Some even becoming peanut-free zones and restricting homemade treats at school parties. Today more than ever, it’s important for us as parents to understand food allergies so that we can teach our kids to be understanding and empathetic, too. Here are some resources for learning about and teaching kids about food allergies that might help…
5 Resources for Moms & Kids Dealing with Food Allergies
- Dr. Ask at The Food Allergy Kid Spot – Kid friendly videos of a cartoon doctor answering common questions about food allergies.
- From Confusion to Confidence: KFA’s Starter Guide for Parenting A Child With Food Allergies – A free ebook from the Kids with Food Allergies Organization full of everything a parent needs to know when their child is newly diagnosed with food allergies.
- FAANKids: A Food Allergy Website for Kids – This website brings information, activities, and support directly to kids in a playful and fun way.
- Food Allergy Mama – A blog, written by food allergy advocate, cookbook author, and mama Kelly Rudnicki, full of real mom insight and great recipes.
- Kylie’s Special Treat: A Food Allergy Fairytale – A fun children’s book about a princess with food allergies written by Letizia Barbetta, a mom of a princess with multiple food allergies.
We were so excited to be sent our very own copy of Kylie’s Special Treat. The book was written by the mama author, Letizia, in response to her own daughter’s question about whether princesses have food allergies, too, and as a resource to help kids with food allergies feel better about themselves. And while my kids don’t suffer from food allergies themselves, I was still so happy to read it to them to help them understand and relate to their peers that have allergies. My 4 year old Priscilla was especially excited about the princess theme and the included cookie recipe, too.
Letizia is so kind to offer TWO copies of Kylie’s Special Treat for giveaway; one for the winner to keep and one for the winner to donate to a school or library of their choice! How awesome is that?! There’s lots of ways to enter here…signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!