Hand Print Flower Apron for Mom
With all of the cooking and baking the kids and I have been doing, you’d be surprised to learn that I don’t even have an apron. So I thought Mother’s Day was the perfect time to get one. And we made it extra special with hand print flowers from each of my little ones! Here’s how to make your own hand print flower apron…
Hand Print Flower Apron Kids Craft
- blank canvas apron
- permanent marker
- freezer paper
- fabric paint
- paint brush
- sweet little hands
- Cut a piece of freezer paper the width of your apron.
- Use a permanent marker to draw the grass line, stems (one for each child’s hand), and leaves.
- Cut along the drawn line and keep background.
- Iron the freezer paper background onto the bottom of the apron.
- Paint with green fabric paint and let dry.
- Peel the freezer paper off of the apron to reveal the grass and flower stems.
- Paint the children’s hands with fabric paint and let them press down onto the apron to print the flowers.
- Don’t forget to wear it when you make Mother’s Day breakfast and dinner!
ETA: After scheduling this post, I came across this awesome example of a hand print apron from Little Page Turners. It is hand-painted and so well done. Be sure to check it out!
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!