We were so excited when we received this month’s BabbaBox of Sun, Moon, & Star activities in the mail. If you haven’t heard of it yet, Babbabox is a subscriptions service that delivers a box full of creative learning fun for kids centered around a unique theme each month. My sawyer loves science, so I was thrilled to see that this month’s theme encompassed kids astronomy!
- supplies for making sun print constellation art
- supplies for making a moon night light
- some kids binoculars for observing the moon and stars
- a chart to track the cycle the moon
- “Twinkle: Star of the Week!” best-selling children’s book
- an Twinkle Twinkly Little Star musical app
- a parent gift: a star wine topper
- really great, simple instructions for all of the enclosed activities
We went straight for the messy fun with the moonlight night light craft. Here’s how you can make a night light, too.
Moonlight Night Light
Supplies to Make a Night Light:
- paper or styrofoam bowls
- school glue
- tempera paint
- star stickers (optional)
Steps to Make a Night Light:
- Blow up the balloon and place it in a paper bowl.
- Add some school glue to another bowl and mix it with twice as much water.
- Tear the newsprint into long think strips.
- Dip the strips into the watered down glue and then layer them onto the balloon.
- Let dry and repeat steps 1 through 4.
- Once completely dry, pop the balloon and remove it from the inside of the paper mache “shell.”
- Paint the outside of the paper mache night light shell. Let dry.
- Add star stickers if you’d like.
- Place the night light shell over a battery-operated candle.
BabbaBox is a theme-based box delivered to your door that allows you to enjoy a little convenience and inspiration! As any parent can attest, the most important thing you can give to your child is quality time. BabbaBox makes this possible by helping you to save time, money, & mindspace.
Just think! Fantastic monthly activities with ALL the materials for kids ages 3-6. Included in the box are 3 projects + 1 bestselling book + digital download + parent surprise gift!
The best part? Babbabox makes a GREAT unique gift during the holiday season.
Act now! Get 50% off your first month when you sign up for a monthly membership using the code, SWAY100. Offer expires December 31, 2012.
Do you have any clever parenting tips or fun kids’ activities? I’d love to share them with my readers. Just contact me for more information!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, and Link & Learn Sunday.