The Many Jobs of a Mother
We all know that the jobs of a mother are endless. They have to “play” so many roles for their household and children. And they have to be “on the job” 24/7. Here are just 14 that I’ve come up with…
14 Jobs of a Mother
- Housekeeper – No explanation necessary for this one, right, Mamas?
- Nurse – Every mom has an unlimited supply of band-aids and boo-boo kisses.
- Teacher – A mother is a child’s first educator.
- Journalist – Someone has to keep up with the baby books and memory keeping.
- Party Planner – Mom is bound to plan a Birthday or holiday party or two… or twenty.
- Hostess – A mom’s often the one hosting those playdates, right?
- Personal Shopper – Sometimes I wish I could send the kids to the store themselves, but no. Not a good idea.
- Stylist – Well, if you care if your kids’ clothes match anyway. (I’m not judging if you don’t!)
- Spiritual Adviser – No matter which religion or spiritual direction, mom often gives spiritual direction.
- Psychiatrist – Mom might not really understand the psychology behind a 2 year olds’ tantrums (who does?!), but she sure tries.
- Taxi Driver – Who drives the kids from school to lessons to playdates? Mom does!
- Secretary – Scheduling doctors’ appointments and keeping track of school events is all in a mom’s day’s work.
- Photographer – I don’t know any mom who hasn’t become very familiar with her camera or camera phone.
- Chef – Usually mom plans and cooks meals for the whole crew.
In an ideal world, a mother could outsource at least some of these jobs, right? Okay, maybe we wouldn’t want to give up some of the them: the spiritual adviser, the child’s first teacher, etc. But I know I wouldn’t mind hiring a housekeeper or having a personal chef! That’s why I was so excited when I was given the opportunity to review HelloFresh.
“HelloFresh provides the convenience of serviced cooking at home. In less than 30 minutes, you can have meals designed by a nutritionist and discover new ingredients and dishes from around the globe.
Each week you can choose 3 out of 5 options, leaving out what you do not like. There is also a great variety in vegetarian meals every week, going well beyond just regular tofu. If you’re looking to eliminate the hassle of grocery shopping from your already packed schedule and experience quality time cooking together with your loved ones, then HelloFresh is for you.
Think of HelloFresh as your private sous chef!”
We were sent a box with all of the ingredients for three healthy, FRESH, family meals. HelloFresh even sent along great recipe cards with step-by-step photos explaining each recipe.
Our favorite meal was the Beef Tostada. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that we rarely have a family meal that has this many colorful, fresh ingredients. We definitely got our veggies in that day!
Yes, you still do have to actually cook the meals. But I actually found it really fun to cook when I didn’t have to plan the meal, shop for the meal, or even chop the ingredients. Everything was measured, labelled, and ready to cook. It was so refreshing to not have to worry at all throughout the day knowing that I had a meal planned and fresh ingredients all ready to go. So go ahead and try HelloFresh as a way of giving yourself just a little break from all of those many jobs, Mama!
Visit http://www.hellofresh.com/ to join the 200M people in 20 eastern states in the U.S. (and beyond) receiving these meals. And use the code INSPIREDMAMA30 to receive 30% your first order!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of HelloFresh. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!