Need Some Fine Motor Activities for Your Kiddo?
Fine motor skills are so important for our preschoolers to practice to prepare for life skills like buttoning, zipping, cutting and writing. And I saw some fun fine motor activities shared in last week’s Kids Co-Op Link party. So I thought I’d gather them all up in one place for you to have. Let’s check ’em out…
9 Fun Fine Motor Activities for Kids
- Muffin Tin Fine Motor Activities – Using a muffin tin for transferring and sorting is a great way to get those fine motor skills fine tuned Check out these fine motor activities using simple supplies and a muffin tin!
- Craft Stick Puzzle – Get that little one’s pincer grip working while they’re putting together this colorful rainbow craft stick puzzle.
- Worksheets in Transparent Folders – Put some printable pre-writing worksheets in transparent folders and let your little one at them with a dry erase marker!
- A Playdough Tray – Offer your preschooler some playdough with other bits and baubles to push into it and create with. Squishing and shaping the dough will strengthen their hand muscles.
- Straw Cutting & Threading – Fine motor skill activities don’t require expensive supplies. Here are some cutting and threading activities using simple straws.
- Mark Making in Shaving Cream – Let your kiddo practice fine motor mark making in some shaving cream on a window or glass door!
- Sorting Small Objects – Have your child sort small objects (buttons, beads, etc.) by size, color, or any other way to help them work on their pincer grip!
- Cereal Threading – Make a Froot Loop Rainbow to give your preschooler some threading practice.
- Stamping Letters – Even holding small letter stamps will help your child hone their fine motor skills.
More Fine Motor Activities from B-Inspired Mama:
What are your child’s favorite fine motor activities? Share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!