I SPY… A Wedding!
Some of you might not realize that our family is what would be considered a “blended family.” My older two kids, Sawyer and Priscilla, and I moved in with my fiance Cliff a few years ago. About a year later we were blessed with our (surprise!) baby J.C. and have felt truly complete as a family since. Cliff loves all of my kids as his own, and we take our relationship as seriously as any married couple. But we do hope to have the official wedding someday soon. And with our crazy family of 5, our wedding will DEFINITELY be affordable and kid-friendly! So when I was offered an assortment of DIY wedding supplies from the David Tutera Bridal Collection, I thought what better than to make a fun kids’ wedding favor. Here’s what I came up with…
DIY I SPY Wedding Favor for Kids
- mason jar
- E6000 Adhesive
- David Tutera Bridal Collection Diamond Cut Accents
- David Tutera Bridal Collection 4mm Self Adhesive Rhinestones
- David Tutera Bridal Collection Rhinestone Hair Snaps
- David Tutera Bridal Collection Rhinestone Pin
- an assortment of bridal themed buttons and charms
- an assortment of colors and shapes of rhinestones
- white cardstock
- hole punch
- Arrange the various buttons, charms, rhinestones, and rhinestone snaps on a white sheet of paper. Photograph them and use a photo editing program (I used Picmonkey.) to add a border and text to the photo. Print on cardstock and laminate. Set aside.
- Using the mason jar lid to trace a circle on the back of the sheet of 4mm adhesive rhinestones. Cut circle of rhinestones out with scissors, remove paper from back and adhere to mason jar lid. (The adhesive is tough, but I added some E6000, too, for good measure.)
- Use wire cutters to remove the pin back from the rhinestone pin. Use E6000 adhesive to attach it on top of the rhinestones on the lid.
- Fill the mason jar with the various buttons, charms, rhinestones, rhinestone snaps, and diamond cut accents. Leave a little space at the top so that the contents move around when the jar is shaken.
- Use E6000 adhesive to glue the lid on the mason jar. Let dry completely.
- Punch a hole in the laminated tag and tie it around the rim of the jar with your ribbon.
I think this Wedding I SPY Jar would make an awesome flower girl gift or kids’ favor. But my Priscilla is loving it even without a wedding! The sparkles and rhinestones from the David Tutera Bridal collection draw her in and make her eyes sparkle with delight.
The David Tutera bridal collection includes: Affordable fashion accessories, unique décor elements, floral accents and other embellishments, all designed to help you tell your own special love story.
Adding your own unique touch is a lot easier than you think! It’s all about turning ordinary wedding elements into something special.
Many of the products, like Bling on a Roll and self-stick rhinestones, are very versatile. (For example, you can use either of the above to add sparkle to any wedding decoration or accessory!)
I wrote this post as part of a sponsored campaign with Darice and The Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own.Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.