Dinner Tips for Moms
I don’t know about your house, but the evening hours before and after dinner are the most stressful time in mine. The kids are tired and cranky after their busy days. And the mom might be a little tired and cranky, too. But I still have to come up with something for dinner. (Do these kids REALLY have to eat dinner every day?) I’m no expert; trust me. We get take-out far too often. But here are some dinner tips I’ve come up with that might help with that…
8 Simple Dinner Tips for Moms
- Make a List of Go-To Quick Meals – Keep a list right on the fridge of easy go-to meals that you know your family likes.
- Plan Ahead – Use a weekly calendar to plan out your meals and their ingredients for the week.
- Make It a Routine – Have dinner at a specific time each night so that you can plan when to start cooking accordingly.
- Keep the Kids Busy – Distract the kids while you’re cooking with a kids’ activity or craft.
- Have the Right Tools – Good kitchen gadgets and appliances make cooking and prep faster, easier, and more fun. A good set of sharp knives make all the difference.
- Use Your Crock Pot – Let the slow cooker do the work. Throw it in in the morning and have a meal ready for dinner.
- Make Sure to Have Staples on Hand – Make sure you’ve got all of the staples for quick, healthy meals in the pantry (e.g. rice, pasta, sauces, spices, etc.)
- Stock Up the Freezer – Your freezer allows you to have healthy foods handy anytime! Stock that sucker up.
Frozen Foods Are A Healthy & Easy Option!
Frozen foods have come a long way. The only frozen foods I remember from my childhood was that yucky, bland succotash my mom used to throw on the plate next to the meat and mashed potatoes. Now you can find fresh and flavorful frozen meals from ConAgra ready to make your dinner time more healthy and easy. ConAgra Foods offers two brands, Healthy Choice and Marie Callender’s, that have more than 80 meals with less than 400 calories. So they are a healthy alternative to a home-cooked meal any stressful evening.
Discover the future of mealtime and frozen foods with this video from ConAgra…
ConAgra Foods frozen meals give families access to real ingredients like crunchy, freshly cut vegetables, homemade pasta and ripe fruit year-round. Just like most people blanch veggies before freezing them – ConAgra Foods does too – to help preserve color, texture and keep them fresh!
Give it a try sometime! Marie Callender’s hearty pot pies are filled with tender meat, freshly cut vegetables and Marie’s authentic golden, flaky crust. And Healthy Choice recipes use chef-inspired ingredients like, apples instead of sugar for tart sweetness and a splash of red wine for a punch of flavor instead of added salt.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ConAgra Foods.Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!