My Favorite Articles for Moms!
I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring articless that I want to share with all of you. So I thought it was time to start; each Monday! Here are my favorite reads – for moms – for that coveted mom time in the week ahead. (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
This Week’s Favorite Mama Reads:
- The Body Image Lesson My Daughter Doesn’t Know She Taught Me – “Sometimes my body is just my body, not a contest, not a measurement of worth. Letting go of the panic of whether my skin moves in a certain way when I move leaves a far greater capacity for having fun than I knew I was capable of having.”
- How to Ease a Child’s Anxiety at the Doctor’s Office – Some really great tips for a common problem. My favorite tip: “Bring a gift for the office to create a positive experience. On our visit to just say ‘hi’ we brought a box of donuts with us for the office. … The idea behind this is if you do something nice for someone, it makes you and your child feel good and creates a positive experience for your child, instead of a negative one they are familiar with in the doctor’s office.”
- We Need Feminism – YES! “Feminism does not oppose homemaking, marriage, and motherhood, but acknowledges them as among the many vocations of which women are capable.”
- One-Line Affirmations for Moms – We all need to print these and hang them on the fridge. I love this one: “I’m not the perfect mother, but I’m exactly the one my children need.”
- 20 Pieces of Advice Moms Wish They’d Received – Read ALL of these, Mamas! Here’s one of my favorites: “Don’t judge other parents. They have no idea what they are doing either.”
- 10 Ways to Raise Confident Kids – Really great ideas here including this one: “Chores allows for a sense of ownership, teach responsibility and ultimately create confidence in who they are as individuals. Assigning chores ahead of time and teaching them self management is your goal here.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What have you been reading lately? What are your favorite books or blogs to read? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!