This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever. Please see my disclosure policy.
Patriotic Fruit Salsa with Star Chips
When I was given the opportunity to work with Unilever trying out some of their buttery spreads, I was like, “Heck yeah!” First, because it means going shopping at Walmart. And what mama doesn’t love an opportunity to go to Walmart?
And second, because I get to come up with some creative recipes using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and Country Crock. (Which is really easy peasy because it’s no different than cooking with the regular old butter I’m used to.) Here’s what I came up with for my first recipe…
Red White and Blue Fruit Salsa with Star Chips
- whole wheat soft tortillas
- star cookie cutter
- a couple Tablespoons of melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup shopped apple
- 1/4 cup blueberries
1. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees.
2. Use the star cookie cutter to cut star shapes out of the tortillas.
3. Spread out tortilla stars on a baking sheet.
4. Use a brush to spread the melted butter spread on the tortilla stars.
5. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it generously on the tortilla stars.
6. Bake tortilla stars in oven for about 5 minutes until crispy.
7. Mix together the chopped fruit. (The little ones love practicing their cutting with butter knives on the fruit!)
8. Add a little sugar to the fruit salsa and stir.
9. Serve the star “chips” with the fruit salsa and enjoy!
I was really quite impressed with how well the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter worked for this recipes. To be honest I expected the spread to be watery once I melted it, but it was no different from regular butter. So it worked great for making these cinnamon sugar chips to go with our fruit salsa. And it contains no cholesterol or hydrogenated oils; score! I can’t wait to get more from Walmart to try in some more Summer kids snack recipes.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.