Valentines Day Recipe
What’s a better gift for Valentine’s Day than a heart-felt, yummy, homemade meal? Spending time in the kitchen with the kids making it!
Heart Meatloaf Muffins
Meatloaf Muffins Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs. Meatloaf Mix (ground beef, pork, and veal)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1. Have the kids pour all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. I like to have my ingredients all pre-measured before the kids get involved.
2. Then give them a fun sensory experience by letting them (with clean hands, of course) mix all of it up with their hands. Priscilla was NOT at all interested in doing that, however, so I mixed ours up.
3. Press the meatloaf into a heart-shaped silicone muffin pan.
4. Top each meatloaf muffin with a heart of ketchup.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer placed in the center of the meatloaf reads 160 degrees.
6. Let sit for a few minutes and then run a butter knife around the edges before carefully removing from the muffin cups.
Serve these adorable meatloaf muffins with some simple potatoes and veggies for a hearty Valentines Day feast.
Are you making any special Valentines Day recipe? Do your kids ever cook dinner for you?
Are you a creative mom blogger who would like to contribute your thoughts to “From the Mouths of Moms” posts? Sign up here!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.