An Easy Earth Day Treat
Have you seen the swirly Sweet Earth Cookies over at The Decorated Cookie yet? They’re perfect for Earth Day and oh so beautiful! But I’m a busy mama this week and just don’t have time to go baking pretty sugar cookie pops and piping perfect icing. So here’s how I made some swirly Earth Day cookies simple enough for the kids (and this busy mama)…
Super Easy (Semi-Homemade) Swirl Earth Day Cookies
- round cocoa cookies (store bought or homemade)
- white frosting (store bought or homemade)
- blue food coloring
- green crystal sugar
- plastic freezer bag
- Set aside about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white frosting for later. Mix blue food coloring into the rest of the frosting to turn it blue. This took us about 20 drops of coloring, but it will depend on the type of food coloring you use.
- Mix a little milk into the frosting to make it a thinner consistency. It should drip SLOWLY off a spoon.
- Fill the corner of a plastic freezer bag with the blue frosting. Cut the very corner of the bag to create a piping bag. Starting at the outside and working in a spiral to the center, pipe frosting on each cookie.
- Have the kids sprinkle each cookie with green crystal sugar.
- Mix milk into the extra white frosting until it is thin enough to easily drip off of a spoon or butter knife. Let the kids drip some on each cookie.
- The fun part: let the kids use a toothpick to swirl the frosting on each cookie.
Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
These would be perfect for a preschool or elementary school treat for Earth Day. Or even for en entire class to make to celebrate Earth Day!
How are you celebrating Earth Day? Are you making any treats?